*Not available to QLD residents as per QLD plastics ban 1/9/21 unless they are an exempt organisation
Only the following are exempt organisations and can continue to supply banned items after the ban begins:
- clinics or facilities that provide care to persons with a disability or healthcare needs;
- dental clinics;
- medical clinics;
- aged care facilities;
- medical suppliers; and
- manufacturers/ distributors which supply to these organisations.
This exemption is designed to ensure that Queenslanders with disability or healthcare needs can continue to access banned items.
This flexi straw is 210mm in length and sold in cartons of 1000.
The straw is paper-wrapped and the individual straws are black in colour.
The straw has a 6mm bore.
The Oxo-Biodegradable Eco-Straw Story
This Oxo-Biodegradable Eco-Straw is a plastic Straw with the additive “Reverte” which alters the molecular structure of the plastic, giving the end user the same experience as a normal PP straw with all liquids including high acid juices, but the added eco advantage of having an approximate lifespan of 18 months after its useful life instead of 30+ years, like a normal straw.
After an initial 48 hours of sunlight, and exposure to oxygen, the straw will begin to degrade, eventually become brittle, slowly breaking down to where it can be then be attacked in a micro-biological form, eventually degrading to CO2 and Biomass. If this straw unfortunately finds it way into an open environment, this is where its degradable properties work well. Our OXO-BIO Eco-Straws meet standards for exposing and testing plastics that degrade by a combination of Oxidisation and Biodegradation. These straws take longer to break down compared to PLA or Paper and therefore cannot be claimed as a commercially compostable straw, however once fully broken down, meet the same eco-toxicity standards as Tier 3 - Ecotoxicity in the standard EN13432. The plastic, now biomass and CO2 poses no threat to the earth, once fully broken down.
• ASTM D6954-04(2013) – American Standard Guide for Exposing and Testing;
• Plastics that Degrade in the Environment by a combination of Oxidation and Biodegradation;
• This covers Tier 1 – Degradability, Tier 2 – Biodegradability, Tier 3 – Eco-toxicity EN13432 – Ecotoxicity (Only);
• USA and EU FDA approvals For Plastics coming into contact with Food.
|Unit Of Measure||CTN 1000|